The mission of Action FA1103
The aim of the Action is to identify bottlenecks limiting the use of endophytes in biotechnology and agriculture and to provide solutions for the economically and ecologically compatible exploitation of endophytes. The main aims are:
- Identification of bottlenecks limiting the use of endophytes in biotechnology and agriculture and to provide solutions for the economically and ecologically compatible exploitation of endophytes.
- Gain further knowledge of ecology of endophytes in plant-soil ecosystems and in plant-plant and plant-animal interactions.
- Identification of new competent endophytes from different plant hosts in Europe with importance for agriculture, environment and industry enabling a Central European web-based database of endophytic strains.
- Development of new microbial inocula for increase of biomass together with improved plant quality, plant-microbe interaction in soil, protection against biotic and abiotic stress, and phytoremediation as well as elucidation of endophyte recognition, mode-of-action and function of effects on plant growth, development and health (in vitro, post vitro, conventional).
- Increased cooperation and exchange of knowledge about endophytes (composition of networks) between research institutions and companies for development of new marketable products of endophytes for Europe and overseas.
To achieve the objective of this COST-Action, four working groups are working on differents scientific tasks: Working Groups