WG 1-4, Berlin, 2013
Endophytes for plant protection: the state of the art
5th International Symposium on Plant Protection and Plant Health in Europe from 27-29 May 2013 in Berlin, organized by COST Action FA1103
Presentation Downloads (more coming soon):
- Karl-Heinz Kogel: Challenges for endophyte research
Session 1: Occurrence and Diversity of Endophytes
- Endophytic bacteria from weeds promote growth of tomato plants in vitro and in greenhouse. Haddad N; Krimi Z; Raio A
Session 2: Ecology and Genomics of Endophytes
- Martin Unterseher, Derek Persoh: Leaf-inhabiting endophytic fungi of European Beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) are rare in leaf litter and decaying wood of the same host
- Brian Murphy: Fungal infection in Barley Roots – Friend and Foe.
- Eckhard Koch et al.: Association of the loose smuts of wheat and barley with fusaria and Acremonium ‐ like fungi
Session 3: Host-Endophyte Interactions
- Rainer Borriss: Structural and functional genomics of plant associated Bacillus strains used for biocontrol of plant diseases.
- Dariusz Panka et al.: Emmision of volatile organic compounds by perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) / Neotyphodium lolii association as a defense reaction towards infection by Fusarium poae and Rhizoctonia solani
- 6. Occurrence of endophytes during Pelargonium protoplast culture. Klocke E; Weinzierl K; Abel S.
- 11. Effect of Neotyphodium lolii on production of β – 1,3 – glycanases and chitinases in peren nial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) infected by Fusarium poae. Koczwara K; Panka D; Jeske M; Musial N
- 12. Production of phenolic compounds by perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) / Neotyphodium lolii association as a defenxe reaction towards infection by Fusarium poae and Rhizoctonia solani. Pańka D; Jeske M; Musial N, Koczwara K; Juda M
Session 5: Endophytes for Plant Protection and Production
- Carmen Romeralo et al: Fungal Endophytes Reduce Necrosis Length Caused by Gremmeniella Abietina in Pinus Halepensis Seedlings
- Maayan Grinberg, David Ezra: Differences in Endophytes diversity among grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) trees irrigated with fresh water compared to treated sewage water.
- 16. The two most common endophytic bacteria hampering date palm large scalepro pagation: identification and eventual relationship with the Brittle Leaf Disease. Fki L; Chkir O; Triki M A; Bouaziz N; Drira N
- 20. The rhizobacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa 23 1 – 1 protects watermelon against gummy stem blight caused by Didymella bryoniae. Nguyen T T N ; Nguyen T G ; Nguyen T L ; Lübeck M ; Shetty N P ; de Neergaard E ; Tran T T T ; Pham V K ; Jørgensen H J L
- 21. Bacterial endophyte isolated from corn kernels inhibits the growth of a fumonisin producing Fusarium verticillioides. Kidd P; Butron A ; Cao A ; Santiago R ; Acea M J ; Prieto – Fernandez A
- 23. Overview about the research of endophytes as biocontrol agents against phytophatogens. Döring M
- 30. Effects of Fungicides on Endophytic Fungi in Timothi – Grass ( Phleum pratense ). Sirkel H ; Kullman B
- 32. Grapevine bacterial endophytes control multiple grapevine pathogens. Pancher M; Puopolo G; Puddu A; Yousaf S; Campisano A
- 37. Endophytic bacteria for improving biomass production of poplars. Becker R; Ulrich K; Ewald D
- 42. Use of microorganisms to improve plant growth and Verticillium dahliae tolerance of Acer sp. Behrendt D
- 43. Increased tolerance to the white root rot fungus Armillaria mellea in mycorrhizal Lavandula
angustifolia.. Calvet C; Garcia – Figueres F; Lovato P; Camprubi A
- 44. Epichloë endophytes of European fine fescue grasses. Stuart Card, Marty Faville, Linda Johnson, Kristy Lunn, Wade Mace, Jana Schmidt, Alan Stewart and David Hume
- 45. Plant associated microbial communities in the Arctic. Kumar M, Kielak A, Männistö M, Verweij K, van Elsas JD, Nissinen R
- 46. The collection of beneficial soil microorganisms held in the SYMBIO BANK 206. Sas Paszt L; Sumorok B; Lisek A; Derkowska E; Trzcinski P; Bogumil A; Habuzov A; Gluszek S; Malusa E
- 49. Rhizosphere bacteria affecting the colonization of strawberry roots by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Trzciński P; Sas Paszt L; Derkowska E; Bogumil A
- 50. The disease – resistant and growth – promoting effect of a PGPR strain coordinated with AMF. Cui W – d ; Zhan F – q ; Long X – q
Session 6: Dark Septate Endophyte-Workshop
- Ari Jumpponen, Keerthi Mandyam: Adoption and utility of an Arabidopsis model to dissect endophyte symbioses.
Session 8: Workshop on physiological and morphological changes due to endophytes
- Saowapar Khianngam et al.: Isolation and Screening of Endophytic Bacteria for Hydrolytic Enzymes from Plant in Mangrove Forest at Pranburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
- Yupa Pootaeng-on et al.: Investigating the Possible Role of Endophytic Bacteria in Influencing the Level of Phytate in Seedling of Maize (Zea mays L.) after Germination
- Tytti Sarjala et al.: Effect of endophytic root associated fungi of Scots pine on seedling growth and polyamines